Strolling around in the woods all day long doing nothing is fun – but when the night comes, Pandas sometimes get bored of clowning around and eating bamboo. And when they do, they sometimes come up with the weirdest ideas. Like going mad to techno music or messing around with synthesizers they stole from elephants. True story.
As I’ve already hinted in a few blog posts and tweets, I’m currently working on a new side project together with my buddy Audiolook:Â Panda Collectors Society is an attempt of a deep and sophisticated yet humorous approach to electronic dance music, distinctly influenced by challenging deep house and innovative techno sounds rather than by the previous generation’s overdriven dirty electro.
We’re currently working on a handful of original tracks, as well as a remix for a very interesting and rather unusual band – we can’t wait to tell you more, stay tuned! As for now, we can only share two unmastered demo tracks which I’ve taken the liberty of embedding below in an act of shameless self-promotion:
As Pandas obviously like partying even more than they enjoy working on techno tracks, here’s an exclusive minimix we’ve put together for Love Electro Fan an amazing party in Bolzano, Italy where we’ll be sharing the stage with names such as Reset!, Blatta & Inesha and our friend DRCTÂ in November.
[tracklist after the jump]
1. Super Super – Suave (Original Mix)
2. The Trashmen – Surfin’ Bird (Drop The Lime “mow bow” Bootleg)
3. Crookers – Dr. Gonzo Anthem (feat. Carli)
4. Crookers, Savage Skulls & Lazy Ants – Bust ‘Em Up (Fatboy Slim Re-Edit)
5. Modeselektor – The Black Block (Original Mix)
6. Henzel & Disco Nova – Gimme 5 (Original Mix)
7. Fatboy Slim vs. Moguai – Ya Mama (Push The Tempo)
8. Botnek – Dozer (Original Mix)
9. Mixhell – Antigalactic (Mumbai Science Remix)
10. autoKratz – Becoming The Wraith (Attaque Remix)
11. Vitalic – Bells (feat. Linda Lamb)
What would Bill Murray do?